Using our Visitor Prioritization Cloudlet or our Application Load Balancer Cloudlet, origin failure need not be a catastrophic event. Akamai lets you failover to a holding page (a so-called “waiting room”), secondary origin, static resources, or a maintenance page, so you retain your traffic as you enact recovery procedures.
|HOW IT WORKS|
- Reduce abandonment: by keeping users engaged when your application approaches capacity.
- Improve availability: with site outage protection during high value, high traffic events.
- Preserve scarce application server capacity: for valuable transactions or visitor segments.
- Improve user experience: for overflow traffic with a branded waiting room, protect your business from downtime by balancing multiple cloud providers w/ automated failover capabilities.
- Maintain consistent session behavior: for your audience, avoiding disruption when outages occur.
- Shopping Carts: Reduce abandonment during peak shopping events i.e. Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
- Site maintenance: systematically direct new traffic to a waiting room while allowing existing visitors to complete their tasks or transactions.
- Online Video: Throttle users for the registration of live online video events.
- Flash crowds: Ensure a great user experience during overflow times such as promotions, limited time offers or flash sales.