Akamai Adaptive Media Player is a media player for Android and Android TV
Akamai’s Android AMP SDK is a multimedia playback component for native Android applications, with the following features:
- PMD (mp4, mp3, 3gp, others)
- Easy integration.
- Simple API for playback control.
- Plays Video-On-Demand [VOD], live streams and PMD videos.
- Renders multi bit-rate and single bit-rate content (adaptive playback).
- Support for DVR and seeking for live streaming.
- Support for audio-only playback in background (Radio applications).
- Built-in support for secure streaming.
- AES content encryption.
- Token authentication support.
- DRM support.
- Auto-recovery funtionality, custom playback rate and pitch rate configuration.
- Support of Media Analytics from Akamai Media Player configuration files.
- Support for WebVTT, TTML and EIA-608 closed captions.
- Support for progressive media downloads (MP4 format) for advertisement.
- Support fo ChromeCast.
- Supports FireTV and AndroidTV.
- Contains 360 Module.
- Thumbnails Support in VTT track files.
- Supported devices follow Exo Player specifications. Minimun Android OS 4.4
Is already integrated with the following third party plugins:
- Google DoubleClick for Published (DFP) – Advertisement
- Google ChromeCast device
- Supports almost any Android device in the market running Android 4.4 minimum
- Support for multiple Analytics Providers.
- Support for multiple Ads Provider
Android SDK API Reference
Organized by resource type. Each resource type has one or more data representations and one or more methods.Go to the API reference