On iOS, the SDK deliverable consists of a set of iOS libraries and resource files to be integrated into an existing iOS application project and a demo player.
The SDK is able to play live and on-demand streams using the Apple HLS streaming format, with the following features:
- Support of multiple player instances
- Support for DVR and seeking
- Support of fullscreen mode and auto rotation in such mode
- AES content encryption
- Token authentication support
- Adaptive bitrate
- Hardware-accelerated playback
- Support of Media Analytics from Akamai Media Player configuration files
- Support for WebVTT closed captions
- Support for progressive media downloads (MP4 format) for advertisement
- Support for Apple Airplay.
- Support fo ChromeCast.
Is already integrated with the following third party plugins:
- Google DoubleClick for Published (DFP) – Advertisement
- Google ChromeCast device
- Supports almost any iOS device in the market running iOS 7.0 minimum
- Supports closed captioning in compliance with the rules set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for Internet video.
iOS SDK API Reference
Organized by resource type. Each resource type has one or more data representations and one or more methods.Go to the API reference